Directions(1-5): Fill in the blanks from the options given.
1. Higher input costs have squeezed profits for companies and further_______ these worries, the yield on 10-year U.S. Treasuries hit 3% for the first time in more than four years, indicating that companies would require more cash to service company their debt.
E. Both B and C
: Option C
is correct in terms of meaning (to worsen) but incorrect grammaticallyas aggravating should have been used.
means to make (something bad) worse and is a perfect fit.
2. The Reserve Bank of India has further liberalised the norms for external commercial borrowing (ECB) that will allow Indian companies to access _______ funds from overseas markets.
: Option A
are opposite of what is needed.
are both irrelevant here.
3. The government _______ up to Rs 1.03 lakh crore in GST collection in April, indicating stabilization of the new indirect tax regime which was rolled out on July 1 last year.
D. Both A and B
E. Both B and C
: Option E
means to feel dejected and apathetic.
both mean the same and fit in well.
4. With the increasing adoption of digital payments and reliance on electronic banking ecosystem, India must have a data localization mandate to avoid data _______.
: Option B
is incorrect as it is the action of stealing i.e. theft that is to be avoided here.
clearly does not fit in while substantiating
means to provide evidence to support and does not fit in the blank.
meaning leakage fits in well.
5. Paytm has said that no payment system should be allowed to roll out services unless they ______ with the regulations.
: Option D
is always followed by to and is thus incorrect here.
is to be followed by ‘by’ which is not the case here. This can also be eliminated.
meaning to defy is the opposite of what is needed.
Refer does not make sense in the statement.
which means to follow/abide by/adhere to is correct.