What is meant by One Word Substitutions
can regularly express the possibility of a clause or a phrase and can help in composing or imparting absolutely is One-word Substitution
. One-word Substitution
is one of the integral parts of vocabulary. It simply means that a sentence has to be replaced with a single word
. One word substitution is a process in which people use one word to replace a wordy phrase
, to make the sentence structure more clear and easy understanding purpose.
What is meant by One Word Substitutions - Importance
It is very important to write preciesly and speak in a singl word. Generally, we speak or write in a communicative way. But, it is always seen that precise words
are always understood easily by all. In English Language there are a lot of single words for a group of words that can be used effectively. One Word Substitutions
are very useful to convey the point very quickly without lossing the meaning of the context
. To solve the One word Substitutions questions, candidates require a strong vocabulary base. One-word substitution is one of the important topic in various competitive exams.
In English Section of every Competetive exams like IBPS PO, IBPS Clek, SBI PO, SBI Clerk, SSC related exams like SSC CGH, SSC CHSL, and also several Insurance exams
also includes the questions related to One Word Substitutions, with an aprroximation of 5 marks.
One Word Substitutions Introduction - Types
One Word Substitutions Introduction - Easy Methods
- Choosing a single word for a given sentence or phrase.
- Choosing a single word for a gathering of words used in a sentence.
One easy method of doing one word substitution is by using the root method
are nothing but the words from which the main word has been derived
One Word Substitutions Introduction - Examples
1. A picture of a person or a thing drawn in such a highly exaggerated manner as to cause laughter
2. The state of being miserable bereft of all possessions:
3. That which cannot be called back:
4. An abandoned child of unknown parents who is found by somebody:
5. Parts of a country behind the coast or a river bank:
1. Answer -
2. Answer -
3. Answer -
4. Answer -
5. Answer -