Showing to a woman in the gallery, Angelina said, "Her son's father is the son-in-law of my mother". Now, how Angelina is related to this woman?
Woman's son's father is woman's husband.
So, woman's husband is the son-in-law of Angelina's mother, i.e. the woman is the daughter of Angelina's mother.
Therefore, Angelina is the woman's sister.
S and T are brothers. U and V are sisters. S's son is V's brother. How is T related to U?
S and T are brothers.
U and V are sisters.
S's son is V's brother.
Clearly, T is the brother of S, S's son is V's brother. So, this means V is the daughter of S. Since U and V are sisters. U is also the daughter of S.
Therefore, T is the uncle of U.
George is son of John's father's sister. Jack is son of Grace who is mother of Andrew and grandmother of John. Benton is father of Alice and grandfather of George. Grace is wife of Benton. By reading the given data carefully, answer the following questions.
1. How is George related to Grace?
2. How is Andrew's wife related to Alice?
1. Grace is wife of Benton, and Benton is grandfather of George. So, George is Grace 's grandson.
2. Alice is Benton's daughter, Andrew is Grace's son and Benton is Grace's husband. So, Andrew is Alice's brother and his wife is Alice's sister-in-law.
Read the paragraph below and answer the questions.
'E + F' means 'E is the son of F', 'E - F' means 'E is the wife of F', 'E x F' means 'E is the brother of F', 'E ÷ F' means ' E is the mother of F' and 'E = F' means 'E is the sister of F'.
1. What does S = T + U mean?
2. What does S + T - U mean?
3. What does S = T ÷ U mean?
4. What does S x T ÷ U mean?
1. S = T + U means S is the sister of T who is the son of U i.e. S is the daughter of U.
2. S + T - U means S is the son of T who is the wife of U i.e. S is the father of U.
3. S = T ÷ U means S is the sister of T who is the mother of U i.e. S is the aunt of U.
4. S x T ÷ U means S is the brother of T who is the mother of U i.e. S is the uncle of U.
If 'A + B' means 'A is the father of B', 'A x B' means 'A is the brother of B', 'A - B' means 'A is the mother of B', then what does R - P + Q mean?
'A + B' means 'A is the father of B'.
'A - B' means 'A is the mother of B'.
'R - P + Q' means 'R is the mother of P who is the father of Q'.
Therefore, P is male and hence the son of R.