RRB ALP General Science First Stage
RRB ALP General Science First Stage CBT Exam
RRB ALP 2018 - First Stage CBT Examination, conducted in online Mode, has: a duration of 60 Min (80 minutes for eligible PWD candidates accompanied with scribe), a total of 75 questions, a maximum score of 75 marks, and consists of 4 sections, namely - Mathematics, General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Science and General Awareness on Current Affairs. Candidates must clear the cut-off in all the sections to qualify for Second Stage CBT Exam.
||No. of Questions
||60 minutes (80 minutes for eligible PWD candidates accompanied with scribe)
||General Intelligence and Reasoning
||General awareness on current affairs
Below mentioned are the different categories of expected questions in the RRB ALP General Science
section of First Stage.
Penalty for Wrong Answers (Applicable to both – First Stage and Second Stage examination):
There shall be negative marking for incorrect answers in First and Second Stage CBT. 1/3rd of the marks allotted for each question shall be deducted for each wrong answer. There shall be no negative marking for Computer Based Aptitude Test.
RRB ALP Technicians General Science - Study Guide 1. Which Diode is used?
2. Who among the following developed the technology of underground nuclear explosion?
a) Dr. Horn J. Bhabha
b) Dr. Vikram Sarabhai
c) Dr. Raja Ramanna
d) Dr. P. K. Iyengar
3. Which among the following types of coal produces most heat per unit?
4. Which among the following waves is used for communication by artificial satellites?
b) Radio waves
c) A. M.
d) Frequency of 101 series
5. What is found in frequency modulation?
a) Fixed frequency
b) Fixed dimension
c) Change In frequency and dimension
d) Change in dimension only
6. Beryllium Sulphate is less soluble in water due to?
a) High inflammable energy
b) Low Energy of dissociation
c) Low inflammable energy
d) Ionic band
7. What is the name of that system which uses radioactivity to decide the period of materials of pre his tone period?
a) Radium dating
b) Uranium dating
c) Carbon dating
d) Deuterium dating
8. Cement is made hard with
b) Hydration and dissociation of water
c) Dissociation of water
9. What happens when a chemical bond is formed?
a) Energy is always absorbed
b) Energy in always released
c) More energy is released than is absorbed
d) Energy is neither released nor absorbed
10. Which among the following is a carbohydrate?
b) Cane sugar
d) Hydrogen peroxide
11. Penicillin is extracted from
12. Which is the effect of antigen in an ill person?
a) It increases the production of W.B.C.
b) It increases the production of antibiotics
c) It increases the production of anti-serum against bacteria
d) It prevents the growth of bacteria
13. Which among the following helps in circulation of blood?
b) Blood platelets
14. Which among the following elements increases the absorption of water and calcium in plants?
15. Which wood will become useless soon after exposing in the open air?
b) Fibrous wood
c) Wet wood
- Click Here
RRB ALP/Technicians – Related Information