1. A person travels 12 km due North, then 15 km due East, after that 15 km due West and then 15 km due South. How far is he from the starting points?
A. 6 km
B. 12 km
C. 33 km
D. 60 km
: Option A
let O be the starting point and P, Q and R the positions after every movement.
Hence, Distance from the starting point = Distance of final position R from O = OR = 18 – 12 = 6 km.
2. A person X has four notes of Rupee 1, 2 , 5 and 10 denomination. The number of different sums of money she can form from them is
: Option B
As a person has to make different sum of money using these four different notes of different denominations.
So, the possible ways he could do this is by making the following combinations:
1 , 2 , 5, 10 , 1+2 , 1+5 , 1+10 , 2+5 , 2+10 , 5+10 , 1+2+5 , 1+5+10 , 2+5+10 , 1+2+10 , 1+2+5+10
This means that there are a total of 15 cases.
Also this can be done by the method of combination.
i.e the different combinations possible are:
⁴C₁ + ⁴C₂ + ⁴C₃ + ⁴C₄
3. In a certain code, language COMPUTER is written as RFUVQNPC. How will MEDICINE be written in that code language?
: Option D
- There are 8 letters in the word.
- The code word can be obtained by taking the immediately following letters of word, expect the first and the last letters of the given word but in the reverse order. That means, in the coded form the first and the last letters have been interchanged while the remaining letters are coded by taking their immediate next letters in the reverse order.
4. A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z.
Which letter in this alphabet is the eighth letter to the right of the letter and which is the tenth letter to the left of the last but one letter of the alphabet?
: Option B
In the given alphabet, last but one letter of the alphabet is Y.
10th letter to the left of Y is O
8th letter to the right of O is W
5. Seismography: Earthquake:: Tachometer:?
: Option B
Seismography is an instrument to measure the intensity of an earthquake.
Similarly, tachometer is an instrument to measure strains.